Tuesday, October 23, 2007

YASAIPR (Yet Another Sam Adams Imperial Pilsner Review)

Ok. It's all been done (Barenaked Ladies). Everyone has reviewed the Sam Adams Imperial Pilsner...but I'm still going to do it. Because you care.

Last night was a normal night...until I heard My Doorbell (White Stripes). My friend was at the door with two beautiful gifts. Two bottles of O'Dells Imperial Stout. This is the same friend that gave me the four pack of the SA Imperial Pilsner. James, You're My Best Friend (Queen). So I decided I'd try the Imperial Stout.

About the stout:
I poured it into one of my few pint glasses that aren't in storage. It has a nice dark color and smells great. The first taste exploded with flavor. Chocolate, coffee, coffee, chocolate. Initially it's like drinking a chocolate coffee, or coffee flavored chocolate. And then you get a slight taste of alcohol (it's just under 8%). There is also a faint hint of hops. This is an excellent stout.

But I'm not reviewing O'Dells Imperial Stout. I'm reviewing the Sam Adams Imperial Pilsner.

So after finishing the stout, I was feeling Imperial, so I poured the Imperial Pilsner. But I couldn't drink it because I had to go to the store for some supplies. But when I got back...

The Sam Adams Imperial Pilsner is a hazy beer. That's been the first thing I noticed both times I've had one. The next thing is the aroma. Nice hoppy aroma. When I first tasted it after getting back from the store, it was the perfect temperature. I don't know what it was because I didn't measure. The aroma is backed up by great hoppy taste. Like the stout, you also get a slight taste of alcohol (it's just over 8%) but it doesn't take away from the beer. This beer is worth the $2.50/bottle. If you haven't had this yet, go get one from your nearest store.


Thanks Muddy Mo for the SAIP picture.

Now playing: They Might Be Giants - The Spine

No comments: